DMRC achieves first tunnel breakthrough at Lal Quila
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The DMRC on Thursday achieved a tunnel breakthrough at Lal Quila Metro station on the Central Secretariat-Kashmere Gate corridor of Phase 3 in the presence.
As per a DMRC official statement, “The Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) emerged at the Lal Quila metro station site after making about 650 m long tunnel from Jama Masjid on the Down Line. The maximum depth of the tunnel is 14 meters.”
They also said, “Another TBM is currently operational on the same stretch for the construction of tunnel on the UP Line and is likely to make a breakthrough by October 2014.”
“The internal diameter of the tunnel is 5.8 mts. The casting of the segments has been done at the Mundka Casting Yard,” the DMRC added.
They further revealed, “The Central Secretariat-Kashmere Gate corridor, also called the Heritage Line is 9.37 kms in length. The 3.23 kms long Central Secretariat-Mandi House section was opened for the public on 26th June 2014. Tunneling work has been completed between Mandi house and ITO as well as on ITO and Delhi Gate. Currently tunneling is in progress between Delhi Gate and Jama Masjid.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt