DMRC achieves first tunnel breakthrough at Lal Quila
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The DMRC on Thursday achieved a tunnel breakthrough at Lal Quila Metro station on the Central Secretariat-Kashmere Gate corridor of Phase 3 in the presence.
As per a DMRC official statement, “The Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) emerged at the Lal Quila metro station site after making about 650 m long tunnel from Jama Masjid on the Down Line. The maximum depth of the tunnel is 14 meters.”
They also said, “Another TBM is currently operational on the same stretch for the construction of tunnel on the UP Line and is likely to make a breakthrough by October 2014.”
“The internal diameter of the tunnel is 5.8 mts. The casting of the segments has been done at the Mundka Casting Yard,” the DMRC added.
They further revealed, “The Central Secretariat-Kashmere Gate corridor, also called the Heritage Line is 9.37 kms in length. The 3.23 kms long Central Secretariat-Mandi House section was opened for the public on 26th June 2014. Tunneling work has been completed between Mandi house and ITO as well as on ITO and Delhi Gate. Currently tunneling is in progress between Delhi Gate and Jama Masjid.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!