DMRC awards two contracts for phase-III project
New Delhi: Taking the next step forward,
Delhi Metro has awarded two civil contracts for construction of the crucial Faridabad and Mandi House-Jama Masjid corridors to different firms as part of its ambitious Phase-III project
that will add another 103 km to its network.
Delhi Metro`s new Managing Director Mangu Singh also
inspected the Central Secretariat-Mandi House corridor and
took stock of the progress of work on the line that would ease
pressure on the busy Rajiv Chowk station.
Singh inspected the construction site at the Chelmsford
Club where first Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) for Phase-III was
earlier lowered on January 31 and went around the under-
construction Janpath and Mandi House Metro stations.
This 3-km corridor, which would decongest Rajiv Chowk,
would be ready by December, 2014, while the entire Phase-III
corridors would be completed by 2016.
The Central Secretariat-Mandi House section is part of
the Mandi House-Jama Masjid corridor, whose civil construction
has been awarded to Larson & Tubro-SUCG (Shanghai Urban
Construction Group) JV for construction of stations and
tunnels between Mandi House and Jama Masjid.
This 3.3 km section will be completely underground and
will cover three stations -- ITO, Delhi Gate and Jama Masjid.
Tunnelling distance in the section is approximately 2.5
kms and will be constructed using Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM)
which would be completed in 42 months. This corridor is
completely underground and will be further extended up to
L&T has also bagged the construction of entire viaduct
for the Faridabad corridor, which is an extension of the
Central Secretariat-Badarpur corridor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi