DMRC committee to investigate crack in Noida metro pillar
New Delhi: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has constituted a committee to investigate the cause of the crack in one of the pillars of the Noida City Centre metro station, an official said Wednesday.
“A high-level committee comprising three general manager-level officers has been constituted, to investigate the cause of deflection in one of the cantilever arms of the Noida City Centre metro station on the Dwarka-Noida line,” said Mangu Singh, DMRC managing director.
“Action would be taken in case of any negligence or deficiency, after the submission of the report, likely this week,” Singh said.
The repair works of the pillar are ongoing, and expected to last three weeks.
According to the DMRC official, train operations need not stop during the repair work, but there will be restriction in the speed of trains as a precaution, and operations will be restricted to one platform.
Officials said that the repair work had affected the frequency of trains on the Yamuna Bank-Noida City Centre stretch, while trains were available every six minutes earlier, now the wait has been prolonged to over 10 minutes.
“The delay is at least for 10 minutes, and so it has added 20 minutes extra to my travelling time,” said Monica Rizal who works in a tourism firm in Noida.
"The delay in the service of the train also means the rush is huge. I let three trains pass, at least, and then board the fourth. That has meant double travel time," said Reema Sharma, who travels from Noida each day for work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?