DMRC contract workers protest outside Delhi CM`s house
Ghaziabad: Contractual workers of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on Thursday staged a protest outside Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s Kaushambi residence demanding permanent employment.
Around 100 contractual employees of DMRC staged the protest and raised slogans like "Thekedari Pratha Band Karo" (stop contractual employment).
"Around 10,000 persons are presently working with DMRC on a contractual basis, but we are not being made permanent for a long time," said Naveen, a member of Delhi Metro Rail Kamgar Union.
He alleged that labour laws were being violated by the private company which hires staff on contractual basis for DMRC.
"There are many persons who were hired by this private company around ten years ago. Despite this, we are not being made permanent by this company and also DMRC," he said.
Noting that Kejriwal had promised to finish "Thekari Pratha" (employment on contractual basis) in Delhi, he said, "We have come here to put forward our demands before Delhi`s CM".
Meanwhile, Kejriwal`s family doctor Vipin Mittal said the Delhi chief minister is now feeling better.
"The Chief Minister`s health is now better. However, he could not sleep last night due to continuous cough," Dr Mittal told reporters outside Kejriwal`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray