DMRC orders probe into renting toilets to couples at stations
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has ordered an investigation into a sting operation by a TV channel allegedly showing private sanitation staff at stations charging money from couples to allow them to spend some time in washrooms.
"The CD of the news report shown by a television channel has been handed over to DMRC`s Chief Security Commissioner for investigations. If any one is found involved in any such wrongdoing, very stern action will be taken against the guilty," Anuj Dayal, DMRC Executive Director, Corporate Communications, said.
The washrooms of the Delhi Metro stations are maintained and managed by private operators, Dayal said.
A television channel had carried out a sting operation for a probe into alleged renting of washrooms to couples seeking to spend some time together at metro stations for money.
The sting video showed a member of the toilet cleaning staff at a metro station demanding Rs 500 from a reporter who approached him as a decoy customer seeking space in the washroom to him and his girlfriend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred