DMRC orders probe into renting toilets to couples at stations
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has ordered an investigation into a sting operation by a TV channel allegedly showing private sanitation staff at stations charging money from couples to allow them to spend some time in washrooms.
"The CD of the news report shown by a television channel has been handed over to DMRC`s Chief Security Commissioner for investigations. If any one is found involved in any such wrongdoing, very stern action will be taken against the guilty," Anuj Dayal, DMRC Executive Director, Corporate Communications, said.
The washrooms of the Delhi Metro stations are maintained and managed by private operators, Dayal said.
A television channel had carried out a sting operation for a probe into alleged renting of washrooms to couples seeking to spend some time together at metro stations for money.
The sting video showed a member of the toilet cleaning staff at a metro station demanding Rs 500 from a reporter who approached him as a decoy customer seeking space in the washroom to him and his girlfriend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?