DMRC revises minimum recharge to Rs 100 using TVMs
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has revised its minimum recharge amount using token vending machines (TVMs) to Rs 100 from Rs 200.
In second such revision of recharge value in the last two months, the Delhi Metro has also fixed Rs 50 as subsequent add value to the smart cards as against existing Rs 100. The initial add value through customer care centres will remain Rs 200 with subsequent add value of Rs 100, DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communication) Anuj Dayal said.
"On the basis of feedback and suggestions received from metro commuters, the add value through TVMs has been fixed at Rs 100 and there upon in multiples of Rs 50 and it can be upto Rs 1000," he said.
The initial add value through customer care centres will remain Rs 200 with subsequent add value of Rs 100, said DMRC official.
There are about 170 Token Vending Machines installed at 83 Metro stations through which commuters may vend single journey tokens and add value to their smart cards.
DMRC had introduced some changes in its smart card add value and refund rules from May 21 considering most smart card users are regular travellers and with the opening of rapid metro and more corridors of Phase III, the maximum fare required for travel will increase as commuters would cover more distance.
The initial minimum add value of the smart cards had been increased from existing Rs 50 to Rs 100 (refundable security of Rs 50 is kept unchanged).
Subsequently, from the next transaction, the minimum add value will be of Rs 200 and further add values can be in multiples of Rs 100 if the top-ups are done at customer care centres at the metro stations.
About 70 per cent of Delhi Metro travellers are smart card users who are able to avail a discount of 10 per cent on all their journeys whenever they use smart cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption