DMRC says no to Maglev technology
New Delhi: The Urban Development ministry on Wednesday said the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided not to go with Maglev technology for its line as the system, which employs some form of magnetic levitation, has not made much progress in other countries.
"The developer of Maglev technology could not clearly indicate the capital cost per km when asked to do so. Therefore, DMRC has now proposed for the adoption of normal metro technology," minister of state in the Urban Development ministry, Saugata Roy, told Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
Also, the technology has not made much progress in other countries, he said.
In response to another question, Roy said no decision has been taken as yet regarding the auction of the Taj Mahal hotel here.
"DDA has informed that no decision has been taken regarding the auction of Taj Mahal hotel," he said.
Roy also informed that work related to regularisation of unauthorised colonies in the capital was being carried out by the Delhi government.
"Government of NCT of Delhi has informed that applications have been received from RWAs of 1639 unauthorised colonies for regularisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you