DMRC says no to Maglev technology
New Delhi: The Urban Development ministry on Wednesday said the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided not to go with Maglev technology for its line as the system, which employs some form of magnetic levitation, has not made much progress in other countries.
"The developer of Maglev technology could not clearly indicate the capital cost per km when asked to do so. Therefore, DMRC has now proposed for the adoption of normal metro technology," minister of state in the Urban Development ministry, Saugata Roy, told Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
Also, the technology has not made much progress in other countries, he said.
In response to another question, Roy said no decision has been taken as yet regarding the auction of the Taj Mahal hotel here.
"DDA has informed that no decision has been taken regarding the auction of Taj Mahal hotel," he said.
Roy also informed that work related to regularisation of unauthorised colonies in the capital was being carried out by the Delhi government.
"Government of NCT of Delhi has informed that applications have been received from RWAs of 1639 unauthorised colonies for regularisation," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'