DMRC says no to Maglev technology
New Delhi: The Urban Development ministry on Wednesday said the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has decided not to go with Maglev technology for its line as the system, which employs some form of magnetic levitation, has not made much progress in other countries.
"The developer of Maglev technology could not clearly indicate the capital cost per km when asked to do so. Therefore, DMRC has now proposed for the adoption of normal metro technology," minister of state in the Urban Development ministry, Saugata Roy, told Rajya Sabha in response to a question.
Also, the technology has not made much progress in other countries, he said.
In response to another question, Roy said no decision has been taken as yet regarding the auction of the Taj Mahal hotel here.
"DDA has informed that no decision has been taken regarding the auction of Taj Mahal hotel," he said.
Roy also informed that work related to regularisation of unauthorised colonies in the capital was being carried out by the Delhi government.
"Government of NCT of Delhi has informed that applications have been received from RWAs of 1639 unauthorised colonies for regularisation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?