DMRC starts trial run on Sarita Vihar-Badarpur stretch
New Delhi: Delhi Metro has started trial
runs on the small stretch between Sarita Vihar and Badarpur following energisation of the Over-Head Electrification (0HE) system in this section.
The 5-km stretch, part of the Central Secretariat-
Badarpur Standard Gauge Line, was scheduled to be opened by
Commonwealth Games, but missed its deadline.
During the trial runs, the interaction of the Metro
train with physical infringements (civil structure) will be
checked to ensure that there is no physical blockage during
the movement of the train on the track. The entire signalling
system will also undergo rigorous testing, DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
In addition, the response of the train at different
speeds, braking of the train and the interconnection with the
Operations Control Centre (OCC) will also be monitored during
the trials, he said, adding that the functioning of the track
system and the Over Head Electrification (OHE) will be checked
repeatedly during all the trials.
The train services on this line will be extended till
Badarpur after the successful completion of the trial runs
followed by the clearance from the Commissioner for Metro Rail
Safety, Dayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi