DMRC to construct subway in West Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Metro will construct an underground subway across the busy Pankha Road in West Delhi to connect one of its proposed station under Phase-III with localities on the other side of the road.
The subway would come up near the Dabri Mor circle on the left side of Pankha Road moving towards Delhi Cantonment, enabling entry to the proposed Dabri Mor station from both sides of Pankha Road.
"The Dabri Mor Metro station will be constructed just adjacent to the Janakpuri C2D area on DDA land.
The subway will connect the station with localities such as Sitapuri, Dabri Mor Police Station, Sagarpur etc on the other side of Pankha Road," a DMRC spokesman said.
The station is part of the Janakpuri-Botanical Garden corridor under the Phase-III.
He said the subway will be an architectural landmark as it will be built without hampering the construction of a flyover which will be right above it at a height of 9.77 mtrs from road level.
"It will also pass below the existing drain on Pankha Road and the Metro tunnel will come up below the subway at a depth of 17.05 mtrs from road level.
An innovative technology known as `box pushing` will be used to construct this subway.
In the use of this technology, vertical excavation or large scale digging is not required," the spokesman said.
Apart from Metro commuters, general public intending to cross the busy Pankha Road will also be able to use this subway as it will be in the unpaid area of the Metro station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre