DMRC to form panel to examine airport line enquiry committee report
New Delhi: DMRC is planning to form a panel that will examine the airport metro line enquiry committee report and recommend action on its findings.
In a DMRC board meeting, which was skipped by Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh, the board today discussed further action on the report of the enquiry committee into closing down of Airport metro line.
Officials said Singh did not attend the meeting as there was a view in the Urban Development ministry that the presence of DMRC chief, who was earlier in-charge of establishing the Airport line or other officials Delhi Metro, would "create a conflict of interest" situation.
The formation of a sub-committee to go through the airport line enquiry committee report was discussed in the meeting, sources said.
The sub-committee will also go through the replies filed by DMRC and other stakeholders, they said.
Earlier, the UD ministry had appointed a two-member enquiry committee to examine the airport line project after the line was closed due to faults in civil works.
The two-member committee comprised D Diptivilasa, Additional Secretary in the UD ministry and then Additional member (works) in the Railway board A K Gupta.
The UD ministry had earlier forwarded the enquiry report to CVC, which had advised the ministry that DMRC board should meet and discuss the report to take suitable action against those responsible.
The Delhi Airport metro line was closed on July 8, 2012 after faults were detected in its civil works. The UD ministry had then set up the two-member committee to find facts and fix responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened