DMRC to launch cleanliness drive for clean Metro stations
New Delhi: Metro commuters can now hope to
see the periphery of the stations more clean with new DMRC
chief Mangu Singh ordering regular cleanliness drives to
ensure that the premises are kept tidy.
Singh, during a meeting last week, also stressed on the
need for proper maintenance of parking lots at various Metro
stations in the capital and specifically instructed officials
to ensure that the areas are "well-lit" for commuters during
Delhi Metro officials said Singh was of the view that
"non-core" areas of stations like its periphery and areas
around it were being ignored and pitched the need for them to
be kept clean and tidy.
"Singh instructed officials to soon launch special
cleanliness drives to maintain cleanliness in the areas around
the Metro stations. He also instructed the Operations and
Maintenance personnel of DMRC to rope in the other civic
agencies also for these drive," an official said.
The meeting was held to review the performance of the
organisation in January, the first after Singh take over as
the managing director on January 1, 2012 after E Sreedharan
Singh also asked officials to give priority to
cleanliness in areas around the stations and directed them to
undertake special drives.
"Emphasis was made for more enforcement and more checking
with regard to cleanliness. He also stressed that there should
be more supervision," the official said.
On the parking lots, Singh said they should be kept neat
and clean with proper lighting as people, including women, use
it even during night hours.
Cleanliness of these parking lots are taking place every
Saturday on a regular basis now, Singh noted during the
meeting and said it should be a continuous process, the
Majority of the Metro stations in the NCR have parking
lots and they are used by thousands of people who leave their
vehicles before taking Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule