DMRC to launch cleanliness drive for clean Metro stations
New Delhi: Metro commuters can now hope to
see the periphery of the stations more clean with new DMRC
chief Mangu Singh ordering regular cleanliness drives to
ensure that the premises are kept tidy.
Singh, during a meeting last week, also stressed on the
need for proper maintenance of parking lots at various Metro
stations in the capital and specifically instructed officials
to ensure that the areas are "well-lit" for commuters during
Delhi Metro officials said Singh was of the view that
"non-core" areas of stations like its periphery and areas
around it were being ignored and pitched the need for them to
be kept clean and tidy.
"Singh instructed officials to soon launch special
cleanliness drives to maintain cleanliness in the areas around
the Metro stations. He also instructed the Operations and
Maintenance personnel of DMRC to rope in the other civic
agencies also for these drive," an official said.
The meeting was held to review the performance of the
organisation in January, the first after Singh take over as
the managing director on January 1, 2012 after E Sreedharan
Singh also asked officials to give priority to
cleanliness in areas around the stations and directed them to
undertake special drives.
"Emphasis was made for more enforcement and more checking
with regard to cleanliness. He also stressed that there should
be more supervision," the official said.
On the parking lots, Singh said they should be kept neat
and clean with proper lighting as people, including women, use
it even during night hours.
Cleanliness of these parking lots are taking place every
Saturday on a regular basis now, Singh noted during the
meeting and said it should be a continuous process, the
Majority of the Metro stations in the NCR have parking
lots and they are used by thousands of people who leave their
vehicles before taking Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price