DMRC to observe `Customer Satisfaction week` from Monday
New Delhi: Commuters will be asked to give suggestions and feedback on various aspects of Delhi Metro operations, their expectations and improvements required in various fields during the `Customer Satisfaction Week` beginning Monday.
During this week, a host of activities will be undertaken by DMRC staff under the supervision of station managers such as Customer Satisfaction Survey, Smart Card Promotion drive, Women coach drive, Reverse Journey drive and spread awareness about use of lifts, escalators, making queues at token counters, online recharge facilities, energy conservation.
One of the main activities of the week, the `Customer Satisfaction Survey` will be conducted at top 22 Metro stations having the highest ridership, including Rajiv Chowk, Chandni Chowk, Kashmere Gate, Central Secretariat, Inderlok.
The survey will include seven aspects pertaining to Delhi Metro services, such as availability, accessibility, availability of information, quality of service, customer care, comfort, safety and security.
"Keeping a quality approach to public transport operations and focusing on interest of passengers` needs, recently, DMRC has implemented many new initiatives that will contribute to promote Customer Satisfaction," a DMRC spokesperson said.
Some of the initiatives include reserving more seats for elderly and disabled commuters, raising awareness about them through conduction of Special Drive on weekends, imparting sign language training to station staff to facilitate hearing impaired passengers, the spokesperson added.
The Delhi Metro covers 190 kms including Airport Line spanning over 145 stations and carries about 23 lakh commuters on week days and is expected to carry around 40 lakh commuters by the end of 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars