DMRC to run over 160 extra trips for Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Anticipating huge rush on the occasion of `Raksha Bandhan`, Delhi Metro will run over 160 extra train trips and deploy additional personnel to cater to the passenger traffic.
Trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 8.30 PM on Thursday and over 20 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines during off peak hours will be kept in service.
This would result in over 160 extra trips making a total of about 2900 trips tomorrow.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents (CFA) to help and guide commuters on August 2, DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said today.
A total of 182 shifts of CFAs of 4 hours each have been arranged for this purpose at 93 Metro stations.
The prominent stations to have extra CFA deployment are Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Welcome, Seelampur, Shastri Park, Pitampura, Rohini East, Rohini West, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Adarsh Nagar, GTB Nagar and Yamuna Bank.
In addition, extra personnel will be deployed to handle the increased load on the ticketing system and the Metro ticketing staff at 93 stations will do 228 additional shifts of 4 hours each.
The Delhi Metro normally witnesses greater rush of commuters on Raksha Bandhan Day. Last year, around 17 lakh passengers traveled on Rakhi by the Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far