DMRC to run over 160 extra trips for Raksha Bandhan
New Delhi: Anticipating huge rush on the occasion of `Raksha Bandhan`, Delhi Metro will run over 160 extra train trips and deploy additional personnel to cater to the passenger traffic.
Trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 8.30 PM on Thursday and over 20 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines during off peak hours will be kept in service.
This would result in over 160 extra trips making a total of about 2900 trips tomorrow.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents (CFA) to help and guide commuters on August 2, DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal said today.
A total of 182 shifts of CFAs of 4 hours each have been arranged for this purpose at 93 Metro stations.
The prominent stations to have extra CFA deployment are Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Welcome, Seelampur, Shastri Park, Pitampura, Rohini East, Rohini West, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Adarsh Nagar, GTB Nagar and Yamuna Bank.
In addition, extra personnel will be deployed to handle the increased load on the ticketing system and the Metro ticketing staff at 93 stations will do 228 additional shifts of 4 hours each.
The Delhi Metro normally witnesses greater rush of commuters on Raksha Bandhan Day. Last year, around 17 lakh passengers traveled on Rakhi by the Metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation