DMRC told to review Airport Metro Express fare
New Delhi: Government has asked DMRC to review the fare structure of Airport Metro Express Line in comparison with AC bus fare, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
In a written reply, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu said that Delhi Metro Rail Corporation was asked to review the fare structure of Airport Metro Express Line.
Minister informed that the review of fares would be done comparing the current fares with Air Conditioned bus fares.
Naidu said DMRC has taken some measures to popularise the Delhi Airport Metro Line which included increasing the frequency of trains at intervals of ten minutes thirty seconds from the earlier 15 minutes, increasing train trips from 148 to 168, increasing the speed of trains from 70kmph to 80kmph, reducing travel time between New Delhi Metro Station and Airport to 19 minutes, provision of feeder bus service between Aero City Metro Station and T1 terminal.
As per Census-2011, 9,38,348 homeless people are living in urban areas of the country including 46,724 in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, Naidu said in his reply to another question.
Homeless people account for 0.25 per cent of the total urban population in the country and 0.29 per cent in case of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter