DMRC told to review Airport Metro Express fare
New Delhi: Government has asked DMRC to review the fare structure of Airport Metro Express Line in comparison with AC bus fare, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.
In a written reply, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu said that Delhi Metro Rail Corporation was asked to review the fare structure of Airport Metro Express Line.
Minister informed that the review of fares would be done comparing the current fares with Air Conditioned bus fares.
Naidu said DMRC has taken some measures to popularise the Delhi Airport Metro Line which included increasing the frequency of trains at intervals of ten minutes thirty seconds from the earlier 15 minutes, increasing train trips from 148 to 168, increasing the speed of trains from 70kmph to 80kmph, reducing travel time between New Delhi Metro Station and Airport to 19 minutes, provision of feeder bus service between Aero City Metro Station and T1 terminal.
As per Census-2011, 9,38,348 homeless people are living in urban areas of the country including 46,724 in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, Naidu said in his reply to another question.
Homeless people account for 0.25 per cent of the total urban population in the country and 0.29 per cent in case of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'