DMS to be expanded
New Delhi: The Delhi government has decided to expand the Delhi Milk Scheme to various areas of the city to provide relief to the poor man from rising prices of milk and milk products of other firms.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting presided over by Chief Minister Dikshit. The meeting was attended by Food and Civil Supplies Minister Haroon Yusuf and top officials of Delhi Milk Scheme.
Besides expanding reach of the scheme, the meeting also decided to increase production capacity of milk under the scheme to five lakh litres per from three lakh litre.
Supply of milk under DMS will be expanded to slums and unauthorized colonies, said an official.
"A major portion of the population belonging to weaker sections and middle income group are now deprived of quality milk being supplied by under DMS at reasonable rates. So, a decision was taken to include new areas," said the official.
Milk products such as curd, ghee, flavoured milk, cheese and butter are being sold under the scheme besides milk across the city through around 600 booths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video