DND Flyway mgmt to give details of additional tax to DM
Noida: DND Flyway management will provide details of the additional tax collected during the period when the toll was hiked to District Magistrate by December 12.
At a meeting with the DM and Bhartiya Kisan Union leaders, DND officials said they would submit the details to the DM about additional tax collected from November 9 to November 17.
The management had hiked the toll on Delhi-Noida-Direct flyway from Rs 22 to Rs 25 on November 9 midnight and following protests, rolled it back on November 17 midnight.
BKU was to hold protest at DND Flyway today demanding that it be made toll-free, but it shelved the plan after its state-level leaders had talks with government officials over toll roads all over the state.
BKU leader Rakesh Tikait said the DND management has collected toll more than the amount spent on construction of the flyway and demanded that it should be made toll free.
When DND officials refused to accept the demand, BKU leaders asked details about the extra money collected during the period of hike.
BKU demanded that the extra money should be deposited in DM relief fund.
Tikait said after this meeting, he would meet Chief Minister on December 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal