DND Flyway mgmt to give details of additional tax to DM
Noida: DND Flyway management will provide details of the additional tax collected during the period when the toll was hiked to District Magistrate by December 12.
At a meeting with the DM and Bhartiya Kisan Union leaders, DND officials said they would submit the details to the DM about additional tax collected from November 9 to November 17.
The management had hiked the toll on Delhi-Noida-Direct flyway from Rs 22 to Rs 25 on November 9 midnight and following protests, rolled it back on November 17 midnight.
BKU was to hold protest at DND Flyway today demanding that it be made toll-free, but it shelved the plan after its state-level leaders had talks with government officials over toll roads all over the state.
BKU leader Rakesh Tikait said the DND management has collected toll more than the amount spent on construction of the flyway and demanded that it should be made toll free.
When DND officials refused to accept the demand, BKU leaders asked details about the extra money collected during the period of hike.
BKU demanded that the extra money should be deposited in DM relief fund.
Tikait said after this meeting, he would meet Chief Minister on December 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed