DND Flyway mgmt to give details of additional tax to DM
Noida: DND Flyway management will provide details of the additional tax collected during the period when the toll was hiked to District Magistrate by December 12.
At a meeting with the DM and Bhartiya Kisan Union leaders, DND officials said they would submit the details to the DM about additional tax collected from November 9 to November 17.
The management had hiked the toll on Delhi-Noida-Direct flyway from Rs 22 to Rs 25 on November 9 midnight and following protests, rolled it back on November 17 midnight.
BKU was to hold protest at DND Flyway today demanding that it be made toll-free, but it shelved the plan after its state-level leaders had talks with government officials over toll roads all over the state.
BKU leader Rakesh Tikait said the DND management has collected toll more than the amount spent on construction of the flyway and demanded that it should be made toll free.
When DND officials refused to accept the demand, BKU leaders asked details about the extra money collected during the period of hike.
BKU demanded that the extra money should be deposited in DM relief fund.
Tikait said after this meeting, he would meet Chief Minister on December 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day