Doctor arrested for rape in Delhi, 3 molestation cases reported
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor was arrested here for allegedly raping and threatening a woman in the national capital where three molestation cases were also reported in last 24 hours, police said.
Ashok Damir, a doctor who runs a clinic in central Delhi`s Patel Nagar, was arrested after his employee of four years approached police alleging rape.
The 34-year-old victim alleged that she was being raped by the doctor for the past four years and he had threatened her with dire consequences if she divulged it to anybody.
She also alleged that Damir had extorted lakhs of rupees from her.
In another rape case reported last week, two cousins were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old girl whom one of them was to marry. The arrested have been identified as Ajay and Deepak Gupta.
Meanwhile, police arrested a person, identified as Saurabh, for allegedly molesting a girl in Okhla in a mini- bus.
In Prasad Nagar, a 17-year-old student was molested yesterday allegedly by a driver who was stalking her for some time. A case of molestation was also reported from Madhu Vihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth