Doctor arrested for rape in Delhi, 3 molestation cases reported
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor was arrested here for allegedly raping and threatening a woman in the national capital where three molestation cases were also reported in last 24 hours, police said.
Ashok Damir, a doctor who runs a clinic in central Delhi`s Patel Nagar, was arrested after his employee of four years approached police alleging rape.
The 34-year-old victim alleged that she was being raped by the doctor for the past four years and he had threatened her with dire consequences if she divulged it to anybody.
She also alleged that Damir had extorted lakhs of rupees from her.
In another rape case reported last week, two cousins were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old girl whom one of them was to marry. The arrested have been identified as Ajay and Deepak Gupta.
Meanwhile, police arrested a person, identified as Saurabh, for allegedly molesting a girl in Okhla in a mini- bus.
In Prasad Nagar, a 17-year-old student was molested yesterday allegedly by a driver who was stalking her for some time. A case of molestation was also reported from Madhu Vihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan