Doctor arrested for rape in Delhi, 3 molestation cases reported
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor was arrested here for allegedly raping and threatening a woman in the national capital where three molestation cases were also reported in last 24 hours, police said.
Ashok Damir, a doctor who runs a clinic in central Delhi`s Patel Nagar, was arrested after his employee of four years approached police alleging rape.
The 34-year-old victim alleged that she was being raped by the doctor for the past four years and he had threatened her with dire consequences if she divulged it to anybody.
She also alleged that Damir had extorted lakhs of rupees from her.
In another rape case reported last week, two cousins were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old girl whom one of them was to marry. The arrested have been identified as Ajay and Deepak Gupta.
Meanwhile, police arrested a person, identified as Saurabh, for allegedly molesting a girl in Okhla in a mini- bus.
In Prasad Nagar, a 17-year-old student was molested yesterday allegedly by a driver who was stalking her for some time. A case of molestation was also reported from Madhu Vihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi