Doctor arrested for raping patient in Delhi
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor at a government hospital in the national capital was arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old patient in a clinic in east Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
"Narendra Singh, the chief medical officer of Jag Pravesh Chandra hospital, advised her to undergo an ultrasound. He lured her to a clinic outside the hospital, where he raped after giving her a drink laced with sedatives," said a police officer.
The victim approached police when she regained consciousness. Police said her medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested on Wednesday from his house in Seelampur area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq