Doctor arrested for raping patient in Delhi
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor at a government hospital in the national capital was arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old patient in a clinic in east Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
"Narendra Singh, the chief medical officer of Jag Pravesh Chandra hospital, advised her to undergo an ultrasound. He lured her to a clinic outside the hospital, where he raped after giving her a drink laced with sedatives," said a police officer.
The victim approached police when she regained consciousness. Police said her medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested on Wednesday from his house in Seelampur area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire