Doctor arrested for raping patient in Delhi
New Delhi: A 51-year-old doctor at a government hospital in the national capital was arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old patient in a clinic in east Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
"Narendra Singh, the chief medical officer of Jag Pravesh Chandra hospital, advised her to undergo an ultrasound. He lured her to a clinic outside the hospital, where he raped after giving her a drink laced with sedatives," said a police officer.
The victim approached police when she regained consciousness. Police said her medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested on Wednesday from his house in Seelampur area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!