Domestic help abuse: Airhostess, sister sent to JC till Nov 13
New Delhi: An airhostess, arrested for allegedly assaulting her 13-year-old domestic help and locking her inside the house while she was abroad, was today sent to 14-day judicial custody by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ashok Kumar, during an in-camera proceeding, remanded Air India Airhostess Bira Thoibi to judicial custody till November 13 after the Delhi Police said she was not required for custodial interrogation.
Besides Bira, her elder sister Stoile Naubi, who had brought the girl to Delhi, was also produced before the court and was sent to judicial custody. Bira and Stoile, who had come to the court along with her baby, were arrested early morning.
The minor girl was rescued by the police and an NGO on October 28 after she managed to reach terrace of the Sarojini Nagar apartment in south Delhi by slipping out from a ventilator and sought help from neighbours.
The girl has claimed that she was locked inside the house by her airhostess employer who had gone to Australia.
According to police, after her rescue, the girl was produced before the Child Welfare Committee where she had alleged that she was beaten up several times with a belt, starved and locked inside the house.
Court sources said police told the magistrate they have booked both the sisters under various sections of the IPC dealing with causing hurt, wrongful confinement, slavery, provisions of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, Bounded Labour Act and Child Labour Act.
Another magistrate had yesterday recorded the statement of the minor girl after police had moved a plea seeking court`s permission to record the victim`s statement by a magistrate under section 164 CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight
- Check manabadi.com for BIE Telangana/TS Board Intermediate 1st Year / 2nd Year Examination Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016
- 34 PhD holders and 12,000 engineers apply for 4th grade job in MP
- Airlines are not 'demons': Civil Aviation Minister