Domestic help among 5 held for realtor`s murder
New Delhi: Five people, including the domestic help of the victim, were on Sunday arrested for killing and robbing an elderly property consultant in south Delhi, police said.
Police arrested the Nepali domestic help of Vijay Sareen, 72, who was Saturday found dead in his house in Lajpat Nagar which was ransacked by the assailants.
"The domestic help and his four accomplices were arrested from Delhi and neighbouring areas. All the accused are Nepalese," a police officer said.
Police have recovered from those arrested items that belonged to the victim.
Sareen had been staying on rent at the Lajpat Nagar house for six years. He had not got his domestic help verified by police, and he had also neglected to register himself at the Delhi Police senior citizens` cell, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown