Domestic help among 5 held for realtor`s murder
New Delhi: Five people, including the domestic help of the victim, were on Sunday arrested for killing and robbing an elderly property consultant in south Delhi, police said.
Police arrested the Nepali domestic help of Vijay Sareen, 72, who was Saturday found dead in his house in Lajpat Nagar which was ransacked by the assailants.
"The domestic help and his four accomplices were arrested from Delhi and neighbouring areas. All the accused are Nepalese," a police officer said.
Police have recovered from those arrested items that belonged to the victim.
Sareen had been staying on rent at the Lajpat Nagar house for six years. He had not got his domestic help verified by police, and he had also neglected to register himself at the Delhi Police senior citizens` cell, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack