Domestic help among 5 held for realtor`s murder
New Delhi: Five people, including the domestic help of the victim, were on Sunday arrested for killing and robbing an elderly property consultant in south Delhi, police said.
Police arrested the Nepali domestic help of Vijay Sareen, 72, who was Saturday found dead in his house in Lajpat Nagar which was ransacked by the assailants.
"The domestic help and his four accomplices were arrested from Delhi and neighbouring areas. All the accused are Nepalese," a police officer said.
Police have recovered from those arrested items that belonged to the victim.
Sareen had been staying on rent at the Lajpat Nagar house for six years. He had not got his domestic help verified by police, and he had also neglected to register himself at the Delhi Police senior citizens` cell, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials