Domestic help among 5 held for realtor`s murder
New Delhi: Five people, including the domestic help of the victim, were on Sunday arrested for killing and robbing an elderly property consultant in south Delhi, police said.
Police arrested the Nepali domestic help of Vijay Sareen, 72, who was Saturday found dead in his house in Lajpat Nagar which was ransacked by the assailants.
"The domestic help and his four accomplices were arrested from Delhi and neighbouring areas. All the accused are Nepalese," a police officer said.
Police have recovered from those arrested items that belonged to the victim.
Sareen had been staying on rent at the Lajpat Nagar house for six years. He had not got his domestic help verified by police, and he had also neglected to register himself at the Delhi Police senior citizens` cell, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi