Domestic help among 5 held for realtor`s murder
New Delhi: Five people, including the domestic help of the victim, were on Sunday arrested for killing and robbing an elderly property consultant in south Delhi, police said.
Police arrested the Nepali domestic help of Vijay Sareen, 72, who was Saturday found dead in his house in Lajpat Nagar which was ransacked by the assailants.
"The domestic help and his four accomplices were arrested from Delhi and neighbouring areas. All the accused are Nepalese," a police officer said.
Police have recovered from those arrested items that belonged to the victim.
Sareen had been staying on rent at the Lajpat Nagar house for six years. He had not got his domestic help verified by police, and he had also neglected to register himself at the Delhi Police senior citizens` cell, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss