Domestic help arrested for murdering employer in Rohini
New Delhi: A domestic help has been arrested from Bihar for allegedly murdering his 42-year-old
employer in Rohini, police said on Friday.
"Arjun (name changed) was arrested from Hajipur railway station when he was fleeing to his native place in West Bengal on Avadh Assam Express," Chhaya Sharma, DCP outer district, said, adding that Rs 25,000 were recovered from his possession.
On Tuesday, Pramila Shukla was found murdered at her residence in Rohini while her domestic help had gone missing.
During interrogation, Arjun said that he was sent to Shukla 20 days ago by a West Punjabi Bagh based placement agency. The accused had asked Rs 1,000 from Shukla to go to his native place bust she had refused saying that she had already paid a huge amount to the agency.
"He had seen the landlady keeping a large amount of cash in the almirah. Since he wanted to go to his native place and had no money to travel, he conspired to kill her and steal the cash she had kept in the almirah," police said.
On Tuesday morning, Arjun was asked to fill the water tank. Later, he attacked Shukla in her sleep with a handle of a handpump. He hid her body behind the sofa and removed the blood stains. The body was later found by her son.
Arjun took Rs 25,000 from the almirah and went straight to the railway station after leaving the house with his bag. He also said that somewhere in UP, the ticket checker asked him to get down from the train as he was travelling without a ticket.
Later, he took a train to West Bengal but was caught by police midway, Sharma said.
Police had contacted the placement agency from where the servant was hired and took his address and photograph.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users