Domestic help assault case: Woman executive`s bail plea to be heard on Friday
New Delhi: A Delhi court will on Friday hear the bail plea of a 50-year-old multinational woman executive, arrested for allegedly assaulting and illegally confining a teenaged girl working as a domestic help in her house.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha, who was scheduled to hear the arguments on the bail application today, was on leave due to which it was deferred till tomorrow.
The counsel for accused Vandana Dhir, who is in judicial custody till October 15, had yesterday claimed in the court that the alleged victim was mentally unstable.
According to the court sources, the bone ossification test of the victim has been conducted to ascertain her actual age and the report is expected tomorrow.
When Dhir was produced before the court yesterday, her counsel had said that injury marks were there on the girl`s body since she started working as a maid in her house here and her client was continuously giving her medical treatment for it.
The police, however, had opposed Dhir`s claim and said there were grievous injury marks on the girl`s body, including a deep cut mark on her head and the victim had herself stated during questioning that she was beaten and confined to the house.
The victim, a resident of Jharkhand, was rescued from Dhir`s Vasant Kunj home where she had been working as a domestic help and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital with severe injuries.
The girl was badly injured and rescued by a joint team of NGO Shakti Vahini and the Delhi Police from the ground floor of Dhir`s residence on the evening of September 30.
Dhir was arrested on October 1 after the police filed a case under various sections of the IPC and under the provisions of the Bonded Labour Act.
The girl had reportedly told the police that she had been working with Dhir for the past one year without getting any renumeration and used to get beaten up almost every day as her employer was apparently not happy with her work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'