Domestic help in Delhi arrested for rape, circulating MMS
New Delhi: A domestic help employed at the Greater Kailash residence of a businessman was arrested for allegedly raping a 20-year-old maid, who worked in the same house, and circulating an MMS of the crime.
As per the maid`s complain, the accused, identified as Karthik Kuliya (32) had sexually assaulted her around a year ago and had made a video of the crime.
He has been since then coercing and blackmailing her to submit to his demands for physical relationship failing which he threatened to circulate the clip on internet, said a police official.
The incident came to light when a friend told the girl`s brother that he has seen an MMS in which the girl resembled his sister. Shocked by this, the brother confronted his sister who then divulged her ordeal to him.
The brother then took the girl to Greater Kailash police station to file a complaint on Wednesday, the official said.
A case under section 376 (rape), 354D (stalking), 506 (for threatening to kill) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and section 57 of the Information and Technology (IT) Act was registered and Kuliya was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31