Domestic help murder: BSP MP, wife sent to 4-day judicial custody
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday remanded BSP MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti to four days judicial custody in connection with murder of their maid.
Police said they are waiting for some reports and will confront the accused with them later.
Dhananjay, BSP MP from Jaunpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh, and Jagriti, a dental surgeon at the RML Hospital here, were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Gomati Manocha on expiry of their five days` police custody.
Delhi Police had arrested Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti on November 05, on charges of murder and destruction of evidence in the death case of a 35-year-old domestic help.
The charges also include torturing an another minor domestic help.
The maid`s body is said to have several injury marks on her legs, chest and arms. It was found from the residence of the MP at South Avenue last evening. Singh himself informed the police about the death of the maid.
An FIR was registered against the couple at Chankyapuri police station under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 344 (wrongful confinement) of Indian Penal code and Juvenile Justice Act.
Additional Public Prosecutor Mukul Kumar told the court that the forensic experts require some time to retrieve the data of DVRs, which were provided by Dhananjay to the police, and they might take custody of the accused later on to confront them with the reports and opinions.
The magistrate allowed the police`s plea and sent both the accused to judicial custody till November 15.
During the proceedings, Dhananjay moved an application seeking bail and the court directed the police to file its response on November 15, the date on which it will hear the plea.
The prosecutor told the court that at this stage, the accused need to be sent to judicial custody as some more evidence will be collected during this period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan