Domestic help`s murder: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh arrested
Zee News Bureau
New Delhi: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh was arrested on Tuesday on charges of destruction of evidence in the domestic help murder issue, as per reports
Earlier, the MP`s wife Jagriti was arrested by Delhi Police today on charges of the death of a 35-year-old maid and torturing another minor domestic help. The maid`s body is said to have several injury marks on her legs, chest and arms. It was found from the residence of the MP at South Avenue last evening. Singh himself informed the police about the death of the maid.
Jagriti was taken into custody this morning and an FIR was registered against her at Chankyapuri police station under sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 344 (wrongful confinement) of Indian Penal code and Juvenile Justice Act. Police are mulling to add sections under Bonded Labour Act for hiring a juvenile.
As per the police, the maid is said to have died around 8.30 yesterday morning. However, the matter was reported by the MP to police only at 8.30 pm.
The MP told the police that he was in his constituency Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh and had reached Delhi only in the evening.
The maid, Rakhi, is said to have been working at MP`s house for the past ten months.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred