Don`t hesitate to help accident victims: Delhi Police to people
New Delhi: If you come across someone injured in an accident on Delhi roads, do not hesitate to take him/her to hospital as there will be no police harassment.
This advisory was issued today by Delhi Police to encourage people to help the wounded which could go a long way in saving lives.
The Delhi Police`s measure comes against the backdrop of the December 16 incident in which a 23-year-old girl lay abandoned at the road after being thrown out of a moving bus in which she was gang-raped and assaulted. Her male friend was found near her in an injured state.
The incident had triggered public outrage and criticism after it came to light that nobody came to the rescue of the two victims for nearly an hour fearing police harassment.
Delhi Police issued advertisements in newspapers today asking people to help accident victims needing medical attention.
The advertisement asks people to help those in need of medical help without hesitation and police will not question them once they reach hospital.
"Instructions in this regard have been issued to all officers and personnel concerned. People who help accident victims should not be questioned and they need not even wait for police to come to the hospital," a senior police official said.
He said though this is the standard procedure, we have "reinforced" the fact to officers and personnel in the wake of the recent incidents.
The advertisement titled `Saviours Deserve Appreciation. Not Questions` asked people to provide instant medical aid for accident victims.
"Next time there`s an accident where someone needs medical attention, please help them without hesitation. Once at a hospital, you are not required to wait for the police for questioning or to give your identity to the hospital," the advertisement says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters