Don`t make me commit suicide, says Kazmi
New Delhi: Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad
Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bomb
attack at an Israeli diplomat car, sought bail from a Delhi
court today pleading that he "should not be pushed to the
point of committing suicide."
Arguing for bail before the court of Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate Vinod Yadav, Kazmi`s counsel Gajinder Kumar said,
"I (Kazmi) should not be pushed to a point where I am forced
to commit suicide."
Kumar added his client`s incarceration is the punishment
for a crime that he did not commit.
He said Kazmi has been caught by the police because he
has been vocal about views on certain issues and political
"My (Kazmi`s) opinion on certain issues cannot make me a
conspirator to the crime," he said.
He also said the investigating agency has completed its
investigation and had approached the court two days prior to
his police custody was to expire on March 27, stating that his
further custodial interrogation was not required.
"In fact investigating agency opted to transfer him to
judicial custody as they were satisfied that there is nothing
that the applicant (Kazmi) can disclose to them," Kumar said.
Denying the police allegation that Kazmi had provided
logistic support to the other accused involved in the February
13 attack and helped them in conducting recce of the area,
Kazmi`s counsel said he has never been involved in any act
detrimental to Indian interests.
Kazmi also denied the allegation of having made financial
gains out of the offence and said "the transfers of illegal
money, as shown in the media, are baseless."
He also said since he has a family in Delhi, he would not
"pack his bags and flee."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!