Don`t take my daughter away, cried gang-rape victim`s mother
New Delhi: "Meri bachchi ko mere paas rehne do, usey mujhse door mat karo (don`t take my daughter away from me, let her remain with me)" was the cry of the distraught mother as the body of her young daughter was being taken to the crematorium.
The mother of the 23-year-old gang-raped woman fainted several times in grief after the body was brought to their family home on early Sunday morning. The mother was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, where her condition is stated to be stable.
"As soon as the body was taken away for cremation, the mother collapsed," a neighbour, told a news agency.
The body of the young woman, who became the focus of countrywide protests and prayers, was flown in from Singapore at 3.30 am. and taken to the family home at 4.25 am. It was kept there for about two hours before being taken to the crematorium.
The mother was sobbing inconsolably over the body and fainted several times, said neighbours.
"When the body was being put in an ambulance to be taken to the crematorium at around 6.15 a.m., the mother pleaded, `Don`t touch my daughter`s body`, and fainted," said a next-door neighbour. Family members and friends sprinkled water on her face to bring her back to consciousness.
"I don`t want to let my daughter go alone, please let her remain with me," the grief-stricken mother pleaded again and again, before she fell unconscious.
She was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital after her daughter was cremated around 7.30 a.m.
According to one of the neighbours, after the Dec 16 brutal gang-rape and torture of her daughter, the mother had hardly eaten any food, and her health had deteriorated. She has already been keeping unwell for the past few months, another neighbour told a news agency.
Since Saturday evening, a large number of people, mostly neighbours, were assembling outside the family`s home to condole the torture victim`s death.
Meanwhile, reports claim that the victim was going to get married to her boyfriend in the month of February next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say