Don`t venture out late night: Delhi police chief
New Delhi: Delhiites cannot expect to be safe if they venture outside late night, Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta said on Saturday.
"You can`t go out at 2 in the night and then say that you were a victim of a crime," Gupta said at an event organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies organization.
"My daughter is in London and she has been advised not to venture out at night after 9. She has been a victim of purse snatching there," Gupta said.
The national capital is a safe city and those who think otherwise have a wrong perception, the police chief said.
"Delhi is as safe as any other city. It is just about the perception," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what