Don`t venture out late night: Delhi police chief
New Delhi: Delhiites cannot expect to be safe if they venture outside late night, Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta said on Saturday.
"You can`t go out at 2 in the night and then say that you were a victim of a crime," Gupta said at an event organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Ladies organization.
"My daughter is in London and she has been advised not to venture out at night after 9. She has been a victim of purse snatching there," Gupta said.
The national capital is a safe city and those who think otherwise have a wrong perception, the police chief said.
"Delhi is as safe as any other city. It is just about the perception," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men