‘Don’t voice personal opinion during yatra’
New Delhi: Wary of the party speaking in
different voices and the embarrassment this would cause, BJP
on Friday asked its cadre and media management personnel not to
express any "personal opinions" or differ from the party`s
official line during senior leader LK Advani`s yatra.
Addressing a BJP media management workshop for its
office bearers from across the country, Leader of Opposition
in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley emphasised the need for discipline
within the party cadre during the jan chetna yatra.
"We do not want our local leaders to speak a different
language during the yatra. No personal opinion should be
expressed. They should speak only on the issues which are on
the agenda of the yatra," Jaitley said.
He asked the office bearers to ensure that those local
leaders who speak as fillers or who have to say a few words to
welcome Advani and other senior leaders do not deviate from
the issues and say something that creates a controversy.
"What the local leaders say is also important. Anybody
should not be allowed to speak (from a public platform)
without knowing what he will say," he said.
BJP has often had egg on its face due to various
leaders- even at the senior most level- voicing opinions which
are not in sync with the party`s official line.
Jaitley also asked the party cadre, which will handle
media affairs at different places during the 38-day yatra
across 23 states and four union territories, not to be
unsettled by press criticism during the yatra.
"We do not have to set aside our agenda and have to work
with a single-minded focus," Jaitley said, adding that
criticism of the programme from some sections is unavoidable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’