Don`t want to call myself IITian CM: Parrikar taunts Kejriwal
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday termed as "nautanki" (drama) the street protest steered by his Delhi counterpart and former IITian Arvind Kejriwal and insinuated that the episode has dented prestige of the profession.
"Now a days, I don`t want to be introduced as an IITian chief minister after nautanki of Delhi", Parrikar told a gathering of businessmen near here without naming Kejriwal.
Parrikar was referring to recent street protest by Kejriwal, the alumnus of IIT-Kharagpur, in the national capital over a stand-off between his ministers and police personnel over law and order issues.
"Nowadays, there are different kinds of IIT students...Some are intelligent and some are known for GT. The current generation will not know what`s GT, it`s a glass tracing...You can glass trace your drawing and do whatever kind of exercise you want", said Parrikar, the first IITian to become chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids