Don`t want to call myself IITian CM: Parrikar taunts Kejriwal
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Tuesday termed as "nautanki" (drama) the street protest steered by his Delhi counterpart and former IITian Arvind Kejriwal and insinuated that the episode has dented prestige of the profession.
"Now a days, I don`t want to be introduced as an IITian chief minister after nautanki of Delhi", Parrikar told a gathering of businessmen near here without naming Kejriwal.
Parrikar was referring to recent street protest by Kejriwal, the alumnus of IIT-Kharagpur, in the national capital over a stand-off between his ministers and police personnel over law and order issues.
"Nowadays, there are different kinds of IIT students...Some are intelligent and some are known for GT. The current generation will not know what`s GT, it`s a glass tracing...You can glass trace your drawing and do whatever kind of exercise you want", said Parrikar, the first IITian to become chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?