Do`s and don’ts posters in front of Delhi schools, colleges
New Delhi: Go home directly after school hours and inform parents if they are going out. This and few other advices are seen in posters by Delhi Police outside educational institutions in some areas of the national capital.
The posters appeared in front of some colleges and schools in southeast Delhi only. Delhi Police headquarters said it has not authorised any such posters.
The do`s and don’ts poster came as an awareness campaign launched against the backdrop of the gang-rape and brutal assault of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus last month. She died on December 29.
The poster advices girl students not to lose self confidence, inform Police Control Room about any suspicious people and never remain silent over harassment.
"After school, go home directly. If going out, inform parents. If going to any friend`s place inform parents. The bag should contain a piece of paper with their address and phone number.
"Do not talk to strangers or take lift from them. Do not go out of school premises without teachers` permission. Do not take food, cold drinks or gifts from strangers," the posters said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'