Double murder: Husband claims he killed wife, son
New Delhi: A young woman and her son were
found strangled to death in their residence in Outer Delhi on
her marriage anniversary early this morning but what has
baffled the police is that her "paralysed" husband is claiming
that he murdered them.
The incident was reported from Rohini Sector 22 at around
1:50 AM when Nitin called police and informed them that he
killed his wife Shweta (26) and four-year-old son Garv.
When police arrived at his house, a senior police official
said he was sitting with the bodies covered with a quilt.
Police had to break open the doors to enter the room as he had
locked it from inside.
Shweta`s family alleged that someone else killed the
woman and the child and Nitin could not strangle them to death
as he was paralysed.
The official claimed that Nitin confessed to the crime.
Nitin and Shweta had a love marriage six years ago. He
met with an accident three years ago following which he was
"Yesterday was their marriage anniversary. There were
some arguments between the couple. We are investigating the
matter. There were three stab wounds on him. We are
investigating how he got the wounds. He claims he injured
himself," the official said.
Nitin had got insurance money of Rs 21 lakh earlier and
he had deposited it in a bank with his wife and son as
nominees. He is also expected to get some more money.
The official said they were investigating all angles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees