Double murder: Woman, mother-in-law murdered in S Delhi
New Delhi: A man allegedly killed his
32-year-old wife suspecting her of cheating on him and later
his elderly mother who witnessed the murder in south Delhi,
police said on Wednesday.
The accused, identified as Mohd Illyas (35), was in Dubai
where he was working as a carpenter for the past two years and
had returned home two months ago, they said.
The double murder was reported from Jaitpur yesterday,
The incident came to light when Illyas` neighbour noticed
that the door of the house was ajar and found Shabana and her
mother-in-law Tamijan (65) murdered, they said.
Illyas suspected that his wife had some illicit
relationship. He allegedly conspired with one of his friends
to kill her.
He claimed his friend allegedly slit Shabana`s throat at
his residence yesterday.
"Illyas told us that while coming out of the house after
the murder, the friend saw his mother Tamijan. Fearing that
she might have witnessed the murder, his friend allegedly
gagged and strangled her," a senior police official said.
Illyas was arrested during police investigations.
"During questioning, he broke down and confessed to the
crime. His friend is absconding," the official said.
Ilyas and Shabana had got married two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets