Double murder: Woman, mother-in-law murdered in S Delhi
New Delhi: A man allegedly killed his
32-year-old wife suspecting her of cheating on him and later
his elderly mother who witnessed the murder in south Delhi,
police said on Wednesday.
The accused, identified as Mohd Illyas (35), was in Dubai
where he was working as a carpenter for the past two years and
had returned home two months ago, they said.
The double murder was reported from Jaitpur yesterday,
The incident came to light when Illyas` neighbour noticed
that the door of the house was ajar and found Shabana and her
mother-in-law Tamijan (65) murdered, they said.
Illyas suspected that his wife had some illicit
relationship. He allegedly conspired with one of his friends
to kill her.
He claimed his friend allegedly slit Shabana`s throat at
his residence yesterday.
"Illyas told us that while coming out of the house after
the murder, the friend saw his mother Tamijan. Fearing that
she might have witnessed the murder, his friend allegedly
gagged and strangled her," a senior police official said.
Illyas was arrested during police investigations.
"During questioning, he broke down and confessed to the
crime. His friend is absconding," the official said.
Ilyas and Shabana had got married two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi