Downpour chaos spills on to Delhi`s road
New Delhi: Heavy downpour lashed the capital Monday evening, leading to traffic chaos in streets that got flooded. The met department has forecast more rain Tuesday.
Earlier, the capital saw a sultry day with the maximum temperature being recorded two notches above average at 36 degrees Celsius.
Heavy traffic was reported in Civil Lines, Ring Road, Dhaula Kuan and Connaught Place, which is in the heart of the capital.
"I foresee another chaos in the capital if the rain continues," said Kajal, a resident of Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Clogged drains, flooded roads and long traffic snarls were reported from many parts of the city.
The minimum temperature settled two notches above average at 28.8 degrees Celsius while humidity wavered between a high and low of 83 and 65 percent.
"Tuesday is also expected to be rainy and the maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 36 and 28 degrees Celsius," said an official of India Meteorological Department.
The capital had come to a halt July 20 with torrential rains exposing the unpreparedness of the Delhi government and civic authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living