Downpour chaos spills on to Delhi`s road
New Delhi: Heavy downpour lashed the capital Monday evening, leading to traffic chaos in streets that got flooded. The met department has forecast more rain Tuesday.
Earlier, the capital saw a sultry day with the maximum temperature being recorded two notches above average at 36 degrees Celsius.
Heavy traffic was reported in Civil Lines, Ring Road, Dhaula Kuan and Connaught Place, which is in the heart of the capital.
"I foresee another chaos in the capital if the rain continues," said Kajal, a resident of Mayur Vihar in east Delhi.
Clogged drains, flooded roads and long traffic snarls were reported from many parts of the city.
The minimum temperature settled two notches above average at 28.8 degrees Celsius while humidity wavered between a high and low of 83 and 65 percent.
"Tuesday is also expected to be rainy and the maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 36 and 28 degrees Celsius," said an official of India Meteorological Department.
The capital had come to a halt July 20 with torrential rains exposing the unpreparedness of the Delhi government and civic authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi