Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official gets bail
New Delhi: The son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official, who was arrested in a dowry harassment case, was on Tuesday granted interim bail by a Delhi Court to sort out the issue with his wife.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler enlarged the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, on two months interim bail on the ground that the couple should sort out the issue among themselves at a mediation centre in Delhi High Court.
The judge asked the man to make all efforts to settle the matrimonial disputes through mediation.
The accused was arrested on March 24 from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet