Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official gets bail
New Delhi: The son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official, who was arrested in a dowry harassment case, was on Tuesday granted interim bail by a Delhi Court to sort out the issue with his wife.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler enlarged the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, on two months interim bail on the ground that the couple should sort out the issue among themselves at a mediation centre in Delhi High Court.
The judge asked the man to make all efforts to settle the matrimonial disputes through mediation.
The accused was arrested on March 24 from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!