Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official gets bail
New Delhi: The son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official, who was arrested in a dowry harassment case, was on Tuesday granted interim bail by a Delhi Court to sort out the issue with his wife.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jyoti Kler enlarged the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, on two months interim bail on the ground that the couple should sort out the issue among themselves at a mediation centre in Delhi High Court.
The judge asked the man to make all efforts to settle the matrimonial disputes through mediation.
The accused was arrested on March 24 from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray