Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official sent to jail
New Delhi: A son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official was on Monday remanded to judicial custody for a day by a Delhi court following his arrest in connection with a dowry harassment case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Preeti Parewa sent the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, to jail after declining the plea of police that they be allowed to interrogate him in their custody for two days.
The accused was arrested last night from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
Meanwhile, the court today refused to hear the bail plea of the accused saying it would be dealt by Magistrate concerned tomorrow.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...