Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official sent to jail
New Delhi: A son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official was on Monday remanded to judicial custody for a day by a Delhi court following his arrest in connection with a dowry harassment case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Preeti Parewa sent the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, to jail after declining the plea of police that they be allowed to interrogate him in their custody for two days.
The accused was arrested last night from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
Meanwhile, the court today refused to hear the bail plea of the accused saying it would be dealt by Magistrate concerned tomorrow.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?