Dowry case: Son-in-law of senior police official sent to jail
New Delhi: A son-in-law of a senior Delhi police official was on Monday remanded to judicial custody for a day by a Delhi court following his arrest in connection with a dowry harassment case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Preeti Parewa sent the accused, who works with an MNC firm at Gurgaon, to jail after declining the plea of police that they be allowed to interrogate him in their custody for two days.
The accused was arrested last night from his office after a complaint lodged at Hauz Khas police station here that he and some of his family members were "harassing" his wife, the daughter of a Joint Commissioner of Delhi Police, since her marriage in June 2012.
Meanwhile, the court today refused to hear the bail plea of the accused saying it would be dealt by Magistrate concerned tomorrow.
The woman, in the complaint, alleged that her parents fulfilled dowry demands at the time of their marriage.
The accused opposed the harassment allegations saying his parents were not staying with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands