DP moves HC for expunction of trial court`s remark
New Delhi: Delhi Police have moved the High Court seeking expunging of adverse remarks made against them by the trial court for not probing the sexual exploitation angle in former airhostess suicide case in which former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda is the main accused.
Justice G P Mittal Friday issued notices and sought responses by July 9 from Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha who are facing trial in the case.
The application filed by police objected to the trial court`s remark dubbing the probe as "tainted and stinking".
The remarks were made by the trial court in its May 10 order on framing of charges against them.
Delhi Police sought expunging of the adverse observations saying they were made "without notice to investigators".
Appearing for police, Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Siddharth Luthra submitted before the court that "further investigation into the sexual exploitation aspect has not been stopped."
He said the trial judge should have directed the prosecution for production of additional evidence in this regard if it found lack of evidence at this stage.
The counsel argued the trial court does not have the jurisdiction to make such remarks and should have passed the order framing charges against the accused on the basis of the evidence placed on record.
The former air hostess, who was earlier employed with Kanda`s MLDR airlines, was found dead on August 5 last year at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda, 46, and Chadha, 40.
Kanda was forced to resign as Minister of State for Home following the registration of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack