DP Yadav granted anticipatory bail
New Delhi: D P Yadav, a former Lok Sabha member, has been granted anticipatory bail by a Delhi court in a case of alleged assault and obstructing policemen from doing their duty.
Yadav and some others are accused of assaulting policemen who were trying to stop several men at a farmhouse here from removing beacons and stickers with `Police` written on them from a Gypsy parked there.
The farmhouse is said to be owned by a private firm in which Yadav is one of the directors.
The court granted the relief to Yadav saying it is a fact that the former Lok Sabha MP was not present at the time of the incident in the farmhouse in posh South Delhi area and no charge of assaulting police officer on duty is "directly" made out against him.
"I have seen the application as well as report/reply of the IO and my inference is that accused (Yadav) be released on anticipatory bail on the grounds...Most of the sections charged against the accused and other accused are either with respect to violation of provisions of Motor Vehicle Act or bailable offences, except section 353 IPC which is with respect to assault of an officer on duty.
"It is a fact that applicant/accused was not present at that time at the spot, hence, no charge under section 353 IPC even is made out against the accused directly," Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash said.
The court granted him bail in the event of his arrest on furnishing of a personal bond of Rs 20,000 and a surety of like amount.
It also said the farmhouse is said to be owned by a company and Yadav is merely one of the directors and being a director, no charge of assaulting police officer on duty can be levelled against him.
As per the FIR, on September 6, Delhi Police personnel along with an inspection team of Supreme Court`s monitoring committee went for inspection of farmhouses in Vasant Kunj.
When the team was leaving the farmhouse (no.10), the policemen found a white Maruti Gypsy, with beacons and "Police" written on it in red colour, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed