Dreamliner on London-Delhi route makes priority landing at IGI
New Delhi: An Air India Dreamliner, with 184 passengers and crew onboard operating on London-Delhi route, made "priority" landing at the IGI Airport after some warning lights indicating problem with the braking system blipped in the cockpit.
"The flight AI 116 sought priority landing yesterday around 2.30 AM after pilots found some warning lights blipping as they were approaching Delhi," Air India officials said.
The lights indicated problems with the braking system that prompted the pilots to seek priority landing, they said, adding the aircraft, with 174 passengers and 10 crew members on board, landed safely.
Airport sources said emergency procedures were put in place for the aircraft which was operating on the London-Delhi sector.
The Boeing 787 landed safely on Runway 28 at 0222 hours, they added.
The incident came hours after the windshield of another Dreamliner in Air India`s fleet developed cracks while landing at the Melbourne airport.
The cracked windshield was being replaced by a new one, reports from Melbourne said, adding the aircraft was expected to return here this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!