Dreamliner on London-Delhi route makes priority landing at IGI
New Delhi: An Air India Dreamliner, with 184 passengers and crew onboard operating on London-Delhi route, made "priority" landing at the IGI Airport after some warning lights indicating problem with the braking system blipped in the cockpit.
"The flight AI 116 sought priority landing yesterday around 2.30 AM after pilots found some warning lights blipping as they were approaching Delhi," Air India officials said.
The lights indicated problems with the braking system that prompted the pilots to seek priority landing, they said, adding the aircraft, with 174 passengers and 10 crew members on board, landed safely.
Airport sources said emergency procedures were put in place for the aircraft which was operating on the London-Delhi sector.
The Boeing 787 landed safely on Runway 28 at 0222 hours, they added.
The incident came hours after the windshield of another Dreamliner in Air India`s fleet developed cracks while landing at the Melbourne airport.
The cracked windshield was being replaced by a new one, reports from Melbourne said, adding the aircraft was expected to return here this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand