Drive to enrol new voters in Delhi
New Delhi: The Chief Electoral Office (CEO) of Delhi has started a drive to enrol new voters in the national capital, officials said on Tuesday.
Ankur Garg, the chief nodal officer of Delhi, told a news agency: "People who want to enrol themselves in the electoral list can apply by filling up the form No 6 either by taking it from the office of the chief electoral office or filling it online."
He said that the voters, who are already on the electoral list, can check the rolls and apply for any changes to be made in their names, address or any other data if required.
"This will give a major boost to the voting turnout if re-elections are held," he said.
The drive started on December 16 and will last for 15 days, till December 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt