Driver`s revolver goes off in DTC HQ
New Delhi: Panic gripped Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) headquarters here on Thursday after a bullet was allegedly accidentally fired from a revolver by a driver who was brandishing his newly acquired weapon on the premises.
"The driver has been identified as Sunil (50). He has been booked under section 336 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for endangering public safety. Nobody was hurt in the incident," said a senior police official.
Sunil fled from the spot soon after the incident and has been suspended by DTC.
"The incident took place around 11:30 am in Room No. 208 at the second floor of DTC headquarters. Around four people were present in the room at the time. Sunil fled from the spot," said a woman who was present in the room during the incident.
Sunil is said to have purchased the revolver recently from Kanpur and got it to the office in the morning.
"DTC has ordered an internal inquiry and asked to submit a report within 24 hours. Sunil has been suspended. The Transport Ministry will also review the security system at the headquarters to make sure that arms and ammunition are not allowed inside the premises" said a senior DTC official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez