Driver`s revolver goes off in DTC HQ
New Delhi: Panic gripped Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) headquarters here on Thursday after a bullet was allegedly accidentally fired from a revolver by a driver who was brandishing his newly acquired weapon on the premises.
"The driver has been identified as Sunil (50). He has been booked under section 336 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) for endangering public safety. Nobody was hurt in the incident," said a senior police official.
Sunil fled from the spot soon after the incident and has been suspended by DTC.
"The incident took place around 11:30 am in Room No. 208 at the second floor of DTC headquarters. Around four people were present in the room at the time. Sunil fled from the spot," said a woman who was present in the room during the incident.
Sunil is said to have purchased the revolver recently from Kanpur and got it to the office in the morning.
"DTC has ordered an internal inquiry and asked to submit a report within 24 hours. Sunil has been suspended. The Transport Ministry will also review the security system at the headquarters to make sure that arms and ammunition are not allowed inside the premises" said a senior DTC official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest