Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely
New Delhi: The capital woke up to a light drizzle Wednesday morning with the minimum temperature settling at 26.9 degrees Celsius, a notch below the season`s average.
The Met Office has forecast rain and thundershowers in some areas.
"The sky will remain cloudy. Spells of rain or thundershowers are expected in some areas later in the day," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
"The maximum temperature would stay around 36 degrees Celsius," the official added.
The city recorded 1.7 mm rainfall between 8.30 a.m. Tuesday and 8.30 a.m. Wednesday, the IMD official said. Even as showers are expected during the day, the weather would remain muggy, according to the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at a whopping 80 percent.
On Tuesday, both maximum and minimum temperature settled a notch above average at 37.6 and 27.8 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Although monsoon arrived in Delhi a fortnight ahead of schedule June 16, the city has not received much rainfall since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail