Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely
New Delhi: The capital woke up to a light drizzle Wednesday morning with the minimum temperature settling at 26.9 degrees Celsius, a notch below the season`s average.
The Met Office has forecast rain and thundershowers in some areas.
"The sky will remain cloudy. Spells of rain or thundershowers are expected in some areas later in the day," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
"The maximum temperature would stay around 36 degrees Celsius," the official added.
The city recorded 1.7 mm rainfall between 8.30 a.m. Tuesday and 8.30 a.m. Wednesday, the IMD official said. Even as showers are expected during the day, the weather would remain muggy, according to the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at a whopping 80 percent.
On Tuesday, both maximum and minimum temperature settled a notch above average at 37.6 and 27.8 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Although monsoon arrived in Delhi a fortnight ahead of schedule June 16, the city has not received much rainfall since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas