Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely
New Delhi: The capital woke up to a light drizzle Wednesday morning with the minimum temperature settling at 26.9 degrees Celsius, a notch below the season`s average.
The Met Office has forecast rain and thundershowers in some areas.
"The sky will remain cloudy. Spells of rain or thundershowers are expected in some areas later in the day," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
"The maximum temperature would stay around 36 degrees Celsius," the official added.
The city recorded 1.7 mm rainfall between 8.30 a.m. Tuesday and 8.30 a.m. Wednesday, the IMD official said. Even as showers are expected during the day, the weather would remain muggy, according to the official.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at a whopping 80 percent.
On Tuesday, both maximum and minimum temperature settled a notch above average at 37.6 and 27.8 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Although monsoon arrived in Delhi a fortnight ahead of schedule June 16, the city has not received much rainfall since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing