Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely
New Delhi: The capital woke up to light drizzle Monday morning with the minimum temperature settling a notch above the average for the season at 28 degrees Celsius. The Met department has forecast slight showers for the next 24 hours.
"The sky will remain generally cloudy. Few spells of thundershowers are expected later in the day," said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
"The maximum temperature would stay around 32 degrees Celsius," the official said.
According to IMD, traces of rainfall was recorded in the capital till Monday morning.
"There were traces of rainfall, which was non measurable. We are expecting more rains as the day progresses," the IMD official said.
Even as the light showers are expected during the day, the weather would remain muggy, the weatherman said.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 81 percent.
The monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Sunday`s maximum temperature was two notches above the average at 31.8 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch above the season`s average at 27.9 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez