Drug peddler held; heroin seized
New Delhi: An alleged drug peddler was arrested with 260 gram heroin meant to be consumed during new year parties in the national capital.
Gopi Ram (47) was arrested by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police yesterday from near St. Lawrence Public School, Geeta Colony after it received a tip off about him, police said.
"We have recovered 260 gm heroin which is part of the consignment suspected to be consumed in the parties during New Year celebrations in the city. The seized contraband is worth Rs 52 lakh," said a Crime Branch official.
During interrogation, Ram told police that he was an auto driver and was in severe debt. He came in contact with Bulbul, a drug supplier, who offered him a lucrative deal for supplying the narcotic drugs locally, the official said.
"To repay the loan and to meet his day to day expenses, he joined Bulbul to make a fast buck. Yesterday, Bulbul gave him this consignment to supply for consumption in the parties during New Year celebrations in Delhi but he was caught red handed," the official said.
Efforts are on to trace Bulbul, further investigations in the case are in progress, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?