Drunk woman cries rape, retracts when sober
New Delhi: A woman, who was found drunk by PCR van personnel early Monday, alleged that she was raped by a man. She retracted her statement on regaining sobriety later, police said.
The 27-year-old woman flagged down a Police Control Room (PCR) van around 3.30 am Monday and told police that she was raped by an unidentified man who had dragged her into his car when she was going to her house in west Delhi`s Mangolpuri, said a police officer.
"The woman was roaming around drunk. She was taken to west Delhi`s Mianwali Nagar police station to register her statement. When she got sober, she retracted her statement," the officer added.
"On seeing the PCR van, the woman concocted the rape story to avoid questioning," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre