Drunk woman cries rape, retracts when sober
New Delhi: A woman, who was found drunk by PCR van personnel early Monday, alleged that she was raped by a man. She retracted her statement on regaining sobriety later, police said.
The 27-year-old woman flagged down a Police Control Room (PCR) van around 3.30 am Monday and told police that she was raped by an unidentified man who had dragged her into his car when she was going to her house in west Delhi`s Mangolpuri, said a police officer.
"The woman was roaming around drunk. She was taken to west Delhi`s Mianwali Nagar police station to register her statement. When she got sober, she retracted her statement," the officer added.
"On seeing the PCR van, the woman concocted the rape story to avoid questioning," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news