Drunk woman driver crashes into auto, two killed
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman, who was driving in an inebriated state, rammed her car into an autorickshaw, killing two people and injuring two others at Gopinath Bazar in Delhi Cantonment area, police said on Sunday.
"The incident happened at around 11.30 pm on Saturday. The woman, Nivedita Singh, who was in an intoxicated state, was driving a Honda City car. She rammed into an auto, killing the driver and one of the three passengers," a police official told a news agency.
The two killed in the accident have been identified as auto driver Raj Kumar, a resident of Uttam Nagar and Ved Prakash, a resident of Palam.
"The injured -- Jeet Singh, a resident of Khanpur and Megh Singh of Alwar in Rajasthan -- have been admitted to a hospital," the official added.
"Nivedita, wife of Colonel Rahul Singh, has been taken into police custody and is charged with causing death due to rash and negligent driving," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan