Drunk woman driver crashes into auto, two killed
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman, who was driving in an inebriated state, rammed her car into an autorickshaw, killing two people and injuring two others at Gopinath Bazar in Delhi Cantonment area, police said on Sunday.
"The incident happened at around 11.30 pm on Saturday. The woman, Nivedita Singh, who was in an intoxicated state, was driving a Honda City car. She rammed into an auto, killing the driver and one of the three passengers," a police official told a news agency.
The two killed in the accident have been identified as auto driver Raj Kumar, a resident of Uttam Nagar and Ved Prakash, a resident of Palam.
"The injured -- Jeet Singh, a resident of Khanpur and Megh Singh of Alwar in Rajasthan -- have been admitted to a hospital," the official added.
"Nivedita, wife of Colonel Rahul Singh, has been taken into police custody and is charged with causing death due to rash and negligent driving," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt