Drunk woman driver crashes into auto, two killed
New Delhi: A 30-year-old woman, who was driving in an inebriated state, rammed her car into an autorickshaw, killing two people and injuring two others at Gopinath Bazar in Delhi Cantonment area, police said on Sunday.
"The incident happened at around 11.30 pm on Saturday. The woman, Nivedita Singh, who was in an intoxicated state, was driving a Honda City car. She rammed into an auto, killing the driver and one of the three passengers," a police official told a news agency.
The two killed in the accident have been identified as auto driver Raj Kumar, a resident of Uttam Nagar and Ved Prakash, a resident of Palam.
"The injured -- Jeet Singh, a resident of Khanpur and Megh Singh of Alwar in Rajasthan -- have been admitted to a hospital," the official added.
"Nivedita, wife of Colonel Rahul Singh, has been taken into police custody and is charged with causing death due to rash and negligent driving," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP