DSGMC flays Rahul Gandhi`s remarks
New Delhi: The Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee today criticised Rahul Gandhi`s remarks about the killing of his grandmother and father and said he had tried to arouse sentiments while the victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots have still not got justice.
Delhi State Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) President Manjit Singh GK alleged Congress was responsible for the riots in 1984 and that it continued to shield the culprits.
"The statement given by Rahul Gandhi is highly objectionable. Instead of seeking votes on the basis of facts, he has tried to get votes by arousing sentiments and reminding the people of an episode which the country wants to forget," Manjit Singh GK said.
He said anti-sikh riots of 1984, which had erupted after the death of former PM Indira Gandhi, "are a blot" on Indian democracy.
The DSGMC chief said Rahul`s comments would have been justified had his party`s government provided justice to the victims of 1984 riots.
"From that dais, you did not speak a single word for those who had been killed in the riots....These comments only reflect political bankruptcy," Singh said.
He alleged those who had killed people in 1984 had been made MPs and ministers.
Singh said Rahul`s comments had been timed keeping an eye on elections.
Speaking at a rally in Churu in Rajasthan yesterday, Rahul Gandhi had said divisive politics leads to anger, resentment and precious lives are lost in violence.
"My grandmother was killed. My father was assassinated and perhaps I may also be killed one day," Rahul had said and had gone on to criticise BJP.
Manjinder Singh added they were planning to write to the Election Commission against the remarks made by Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi