DSGMC seeks commuting of Bhullar`s death sentence
New Delhi: The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee (DSGMC) on Saturday sought clemency for
terrorist on death row Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar in view of
sentiments of Sikhs.
DSGMC president Paramjit Singh Sarna said Sikhs the
world over "were hurt" over death sentence to Bhullar and
sought that his death sentence be commuted to life
imprisonment. Two memorandums on the demand would be submitted
to the President and Home minister soon, he said.
Sarna said while Sikhs in Vancouver, Canada had got
together to protest the rejection of Bhullar`s mercy petition,
a delegation of Canadian sikhs led by led Baljinder Singh
Khaira was here to present a memorandum to the President,
asking for commuting Bhullar`s death sentence to life
Bhullar, a member of Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF),
was sentenced to death by a trial court on August 25, 2001 for
plotting terror attacks on Punjab SSP Sumedh Singh Saini in
1991 and the then Youth Congress head in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH