DSGMC seeks commuting of Bhullar`s death sentence
New Delhi: The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara
Management Committee (DSGMC) on Saturday sought clemency for
terrorist on death row Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar in view of
sentiments of Sikhs.
DSGMC president Paramjit Singh Sarna said Sikhs the
world over "were hurt" over death sentence to Bhullar and
sought that his death sentence be commuted to life
imprisonment. Two memorandums on the demand would be submitted
to the President and Home minister soon, he said.
Sarna said while Sikhs in Vancouver, Canada had got
together to protest the rejection of Bhullar`s mercy petition,
a delegation of Canadian sikhs led by led Baljinder Singh
Khaira was here to present a memorandum to the President,
asking for commuting Bhullar`s death sentence to life
Bhullar, a member of Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF),
was sentenced to death by a trial court on August 25, 2001 for
plotting terror attacks on Punjab SSP Sumedh Singh Saini in
1991 and the then Youth Congress head in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie