DTC bus crushes cyclist near Mandi House
New Delhi: An unidentified cyclist was
crushed to death by a speeding DTC bus here this morning.
The incident was reported from near Mandi House Metro
station at around 9:30 AM, police said.
The cyclist died on the spot after the bus hit him.
Accidents involving DTC buses have risen by 65 per cent
Till December 15 this year, DTC buses have been incolved
in 79 accidents, killing 80 people. Last year, the number was
49 deaths in 48 accidents.
According to Delhi Police, 6,436 DTC bus drivers have
been prosecuted already this year out of which 1,183 have been
found driving without a licence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter